FSRI - Department of Food Analysis
Research activity of the department are on the one hand analytical methods and method developments to take part in agricultural research projects (e.g. plant breeding), and on the other hand basic and applied research and development in nutrition science and food-biochemisrty. Their aim is developing and adopting such selective and highly sensitive physical, chemical and biological based methods for qualitative and quantitative determination of the biologically active food components, investigation their biological role, detection of food allergens, toxins.
- Development of high added nutritional value gluten-free products
- In-situ, complex water quality monitoring by using direct and immuno-fluorimetry as well as plasma spectroscopy
- Investigation of composition data of walnut and almond cultivars and determination of their nutritional value
- Investigation of compositional value and bioactive compounds of pungent hybrid red spice paprika varieties corresponding to the spice paprika product line to validate the products, to examine the effect of climate change at metabolomics level
- Supporting the tomato breeding with the tools of metabolomics