Zsolt Zalán PhD
Dr Zsolt Zalán graduated from the Faculty of Food Science of University of SZIE as food biotechnologist in 2002. He started his research activity at that time at the Biology Unit of Central Food Research Institute (CFRI). He obtained a PhD degree in 2008 in Food Science from Food Science Doctoral Programme of the Corvinus University of Budapest in Hungary.
He continued his research career at the CFRI (at the predecessor of NARIC FSRI), where his activity focused on the field of food microbiology, within that especially on the lactofermentation. Dr Zsolt Zalán gained substantial expertise on the field of different analytical methods (classical analytics, chromatography). His present research interest is related to still the lactic acid bacteria, lactofermentation and plant based probiotic food product development, as well as the study of the post-harvest biocontrol.
- 2017-, Biological control of postharvest diseases of fruits and vegetables in Hungary and China particularly with the food safety and human health (Hungarian - Chinese Intergovernmental S&T Cooperation programme, TÉT 16 CN-1-2016-0004) (project leader)
- 2017-, Development of functional drinks and snacks and their production technologies from vegetables and fruits from domestic breeding based on biochemical metabolomical research (Hungarian R&D programme) ( project leader )
- 2017-, Expanding the range of sustainable functional foods with high added-value based on leguminous seeds (Hungarian R&D programme) (participant)
- 2014-2016, Development of genetic markers (biomarkers) based diagnostic methods for the detection of counterfeiting fact - Determination of species-specific origins (Hungarian R&D programme) (participant)
- 2013-2015, Selection and application of sourdough starters for bran-enriched bread in Hungary and China (Chinese-Hungarian Bilateral Intergovernmental S&T Cooperation Programme) TÉT_12_CN-1-2012-0017 (project leader)
- 2014-2015, Development of mineral water product family having health protecting attributes, which are proved by human clinical studies. These newly developed products will contain specific bioactive components in forms of micro capsules, GOP 188.8.131.52-2012-0485 (participant)
- 2008-2009, Production of mixed (LAB + yeast) probiotic starter culture, (Walloon-Hungarian Bilateral Intergovernmental S&T Cooperation Programme) OMFB-00356/2008, Vallon-1/2007 (participant)
- 2007-2008, Production of lactic acid bacteria minor non peptide metabolites with antimicrobial activity, (Czech-Hungarian Bilateral Intergovernmental S&T Cooperation Programme) OMFB-00613/2007, CZ-11/2006 (participant)
- 2005-2006, Establishment of the industrial technology of the Tibetian Highlander beer, (Chinese-Hungarian Bilateral Intergovernmental S&T Cooperation Programme) CHN-12/04, (participant)
- 2005-2006, Selection of LAB strains for mixed cultures efficient against spoilage bacteria, yeast and moulds, (Czech-Hungarian Bilateral Intergovernmental S&T Cooperation Programme) OMFB-00584/2005, CZ-5/04, (participant)
- 2005-2006, Probiotic vegetable juices for the promotion of food safety and health nutrition, GVOP 3.1.1.-2004-05-0076/3.0 AKF (participant)
- 2004-2005, Interaction of selected starter culture and bifidobacteria for fermented vegetable juice and development of probiotic food supplements, FVM 34098/2003 (participant)
- 2002-2005, Effect of environmental factors on the biogenic amine and bacteriocin production of lactobacilli, OTKA -T 038215 (participant)