Ferenc Hegyi PhD
Ferenc Hegyi took his MSc degree as certified food engineer at the Corvinus University of Budapest, Faculty of Food Science, Branch of Food Safety in 2008. Thereafter he started to work at the National Agricultural and Innovation Centre, Food Science Research Institute (NARIC-FSRI), previously titled as Central Food Research Institute. He started his PhD studies at the Corvinus University of Budapest in the frame of Food Science Doctorial Programme in 2009, and he obtained his PhD degree in 2014.
His scientific interests are on lactofermentation, functional food development, investigation the metabolite production of lactic acid bacteria, particularly their bacteriocin production, and examination the dehydrogenase enzyme activity of LAB strains with developed MTT colorimetric assay.
- 2017- , Biological control of postharvest diseases of fruits and vegetables in Hungary and China particularly with the food safety and human health.Chinese-Hungarian Bilateral Intergovernmental S&T Cooperation Programme, TÉT_16_CN-1-2016-0004 (participant)
- 2017- ; Development of functional drinks and snacks and their production technologies from vegetables and fruits from domestic breeding based on biochemical metabolomical research (Hungarian R&D programme) (participant)
- 2017- , Expanding the range of sustainable functional foods with high added-value based on leguminous seeds VM KFI project (participant)
- 2014-2016, VM KFI project “Development of genetic markers (biomarkers) based diagnostic methods for the detection of counterfeiting fact - Determination of species-specific origins” (participant)
- 2014-2015, "Development of mineral waterproduct family having health protecting attributes, which are proved by humanclinical studies. These newly developed products will contain specific bioactive components in formsof micro capsules" GOP 22.214.171.124-2012-0485. project (participant)
- 2013-2015, Chinese-Hungarian Bilateral Intergovernmental S&T Cooperation Programme, „Selection and application of sourdough starters for bran-enriched bread in Hungary and China”, TÉT_12_CN-1-2012-0017, (participant)
- 2009-2013 Design and development of Realistic food Models with well-characterised micro- and macro-structure and composition (DREAM, EU FP7 222654)(participant)
- 2009-2012, National Technology Programme, TECH_08-A3/2-2008-0405 MANGFOOD “ Improving the competitiveness of mangalica products by the implementation of a complex analytical portfolio” (participant)
- 2008-2009; Production of mixed (LAB + yeast) probiotic starter culture (OMFB-00356/2008, Vallon-1/2007, Walloon-Hungarian Bilateral Intergovernmental S&T Cooperation Programme) (participant)